- Review the scenes of the day in reverse order.
Examine the events of:
- the evening
- the afternoon
- the forenoon
- the morning
- Picture to yourself — as faithfully as possible — each scene and all that took place in each pictured scene.
- Review your moral attitude in relation to each scene:
- How do you judge your actions?
- Did you do it right; could you have done it better?
- Conveyed your words the meaning you intended or did your words give a false impression?
- In relating experiences to others, did you overstate or understate them?
- Regarding the wrongs you have done.
- Take full responsibility
I couldn’t do otherwise back then, but now I can do it better and I will do it better in future.
- Regarding the good you have done
- Approve — impersonally — of the good you have done.
- Determine to do still better.